February 4th, 2018
LIFE LESSONS FROM MARK
MARK 1:29-39 DOES GOD CARE?
As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. 30 Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they immediately told Jesus about her. 31 So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.
32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed. 33 The whole town gathered at the door, 34 and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was.
35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. 36 Simon and his companions went to look for him, 37 and when they found him, they exclaimed: “Everyone is looking for you!”
38 Jesus replied, “Let us go somewhere else—to the nearby villages—so I can preach there also. That is why I have come.” 39 So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.
- The healing ministry of Jesus was another SIGN that the Kingdom of God had arrived.
- Jesus extended WHOLENESS to all who would receive it.
- Since God obviously values wholeness, why is it that sometimes our prayers for healing seem to be UNANSWERED?
- There may be a lack of FAITH.
He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith. Mark. 6:5-6
- There may be an underlying CAUSE.
…confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. James 5:16
He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.” Exodus 15:26
- There may be a higher PURPOSE.
…he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
- There are times when we just DON’T KNOW.
- What we do know is that God wants us to be whole and that may look very DIFFERENT in each of our lives!