May 13th 2018
2 TIMOTHY 1:3-7 HOME SECURITY SYSTEM
I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 5I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. 6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
- The home where sincere FAITH in Christ is evident is best equipped to face life’s challenges. (Having confidence in God in the good, the bad, and the ugly)
- For many of us our first exposure to faith is through FAMILY.
- The best thing we can do for our families is to FAN INTO FLAME the gift of God which is in us.
- Recognize and embrace the PRESENCE of Christ in us.
God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27 (NIV)
- Learn what PLEASES God and then commit to do it. (Following what Scripture reveals to us about living as God’s children)
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 (NIV)
- Trust that the POWER of Christ is in us, to resist evil, injustice and oppression, (we have what we need to give careful attention to our walk with God).
- Accept that the love of Christ in us is so PERVASIVE that God is able to love others through us even when we aren’t sure we can.