November 5th, 2017
THE RIGHTEOUS LIVE BY THEIR FAITH—HAB. 2:4
REVELATION 7:9 17 I WANT TO BE IN THAT NUMBER
After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
11 All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:
“Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!”
13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?” 14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”
And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore, “they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence. 16 ‘Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them,’ nor any scorching heat. 17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”
- It is good advice to live with the “end in sight.”
- The tendency toward CARELESS living is too great otherwise.
- When we live with the end in sight, God’s eternal promise is the KEYNOTE of life.
- John’s vision of every nation, tribe, people and language… before the throne of God reminds us of how far-reaching this salvation message is.
- Salvation is God’s idea not ours and it is for all people who will RECEIVE IT.
- The only qualifier to “be in that number” is a WHITE ROBE washed in the blood of the lamb.
- When the end comes we won’t stand before some stranger. The Lord we walk with daily is same Lord Jesus Christ that we will meet at the end of our journey!
- Our daily walk with the Lord is CRUCIAL.
- What a glorious thought, when the end comes we’ll be sheltered with the PRESENCE of God! (v.15)